How could I vote for Trump?

"How could I vote for Trump? he asked" 
It was a serious conversation between two long time colleagues with respect for one another... 

Summary Answer:
I voted for the devil that I don't know, over the devil that I did know... based on my hope for change, and possibility of better outcomes. I knew all I needed about what has been done and its outcomes over the last decade or more. Radical change, with its risks, rose to the level of acceptance in my view.. hence my vote. It doesn't mean I'm a Trump supporter. Funny thing is it means I voted for hope and change, as I defined it. Awesome thing is that now, I can criticize the sitting president without being branded a racist or a bigot. My view equaled my vote... as it should be for each of us. 

"Each of us has the right to assess the roads which lie ahead and those over which we have traveled, and if the future looms ominous or unpromising, and the roads back uninviting, then we need to gather our resolve and, carrying only the necessary baggage, step off that road into another direction. If the new choice is unpalatable, without embarrassment, we must be ready to change that as well."
- Maya Angelou

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loss of a Giant

NFL protests America