Confidence from the journey.

Monday with #morbidobesity - as the weight loss journey continues I am struck by how much more confident I feel. I know this may come as a shocker :-) but my weight has always been my Achilles heel. I put on a good show, but the judgement was painful. Most of that is already gone. 
It isn't because I have lost so much weight or look better... it is because my perception of cultural judgement has been assuaged. I know that I am doing everything that can feasibly be done to change my size and weight so the odd gazes, anxiety about chairs, seats, and travel is gone. 

Even when I'm done "people" will still think I'm fat according to some moving norm... I will know that I am as I am and anyone who doesn't like it can stick it. I should have felt this way all along I guess. I advocate constantly for personal awareness and self worth... guess I need to listen to my own sermons more often. #SpecificBelovedFirstbornChildofChrist

Comments

Popular Posts