Living out loud.

Last few weeks have generated a lot of self examination for me.  I've been exploring my own life and living for a bible study I'll be teaching over the Summer on the Kingdom way of Life.  I'm already a little obsessive about a lot of things. (family and friends are LOLing right now...) Reality is... there are pros and cons to this tendency, blessing, gift...  Think about that, as Ill come back to it in a bit.

Jesus teaches me that I need to live in grace, embracing every moment, not judging, understanding that I am a member of the body of Christ. Most importantly... I'm not the head.  That is a tough one for me... (maybe for you too)

I am "good at" a lot of things.. listening... hearing... technology...  music... performing.. parenting... coaching... competition, and yes collaboration.
I am "bad at" a lot of things... gentleness... crying... exercise... submission... silence... and yes sometimes collaboration.

So what does this mean exactly?  Why do I write it? Is it to be arrogant, to show off, to toot my horn for all to see?  Some of you may think so, but it is not true at all. My world needs to hear it not because of me, but because we are all members... we need to know, hear, and understand each other.

In a world where I am connected, but only loosely, to so many others the only chance we have is to live out loud.  To simply share our lives and actions as testimony to a greater purpose.  Posting on Facebook, Twitter, and telling stories is easier for me than many.  I've been "performing" for a long time. Here is the trick.. Everyone is a performer.  Everyone is interesting.  Everyone has ups and downs, and moments of exceptional inspiration and clarity coupled with manic and obsessive downs... feelings of self doubt, failure, and inadequacy.

When I teach, I tell my students that they cannot just NOT do something which is bad.  They must focus on doing something right... and the bad will just fade away eventually.

I am now choosing to live out loud in a way that is more obsessive and extroverted than ever before.  I post a lot, I talk a lot,  and I do a lot.  This "obsession" is about the process of connecting and living out loud.  I'm connected to God. He hears me. I listen and I talk. If our mission in life is to Love God and Love One Another! then I have to connect.

What does this mean for you?

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
--- Marianne Williamson.


Live your life out loud.  Post away... Share... Tell... Succeed and fail out loud, often, and passionately because the plan for success isn't yours anyway. You are member in this life. You are not and can not ever be the HEAD.. so embrace your talents,  your skills, your memories, and your moments today and tomorrow.  Seek... Explore... Be, Love, Serve... REPEAT.


“Here’s another way to put it: You’re here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We’re going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don’t think I’m going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I’m putting you on a light stand. Now that I’ve put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you’ll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven."  Matthew 5:16 MSG





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loss of a Giant

NFL protests America