INVITE: Friday Fireside Chats for Fall 2012

For my birthday, my family bought me a new firepit and I've decided to begin using it regularly.. Big shocker there.. ;-)

For the next few months... I've decided to reinstate our Friday Forums... renamed and rebranded...

Friday Fireside chats..  

plan will be to sit around a fire... and talk about religion and politics... issues of the days, weeks,  and life...connecting FB friends.. church, work.. and neighbors in real life, face to face contact...

TOPICS... I think there are plenty but we'll start with debts and relationships... 

As I teach on Sunday mornings... "Behind the Open Door" at Huguenot Road Baptist Church... I'll use those lessons and my preparation to inform our discussions... but as class members know... that will just make it even more fun... never a guarantee on where we might go and what we might discuss....

DETAILS:
Ideally we should eat together... but that is your call... if you choose to sup with us...
Food... will begin around 6pm... bring enough for you and yours.. and few more.. nothing fancy...  think picnic when you com.. we'll be going in and out.. and it will be okay...
Fireside Chat will last approximately 90 minutes.. beginning at ~7pm..  
You will need a chair... but we do have a few if you forget..
Fire:  Josh and I will handle it... 
KIDS are welcome.. but aren't likely to be involved in discussions... as our focus will be on adults learning and building community...
Ground rules... Civility.. Honesty.. All views welcome... but Be Nice! - break the rules too often... and you'll be asked to leave... or at least sent to timeout.. 

Comments

Popular Posts